- About Us
Submitted by Micah Seymour on Thu, 07/14/2011 - 11:55
In order for a parent, guardian, or person seeking to enroll/register a student into Paw Paw Schools for the first time, or after a child is withdrawn and wishes to re-enroll or for registration of returning families at the beginning of the year, the following documentation from both sections is required to verify full time-residency in the school district:
ALL FAMILIES - ONE Document from the following:
• Most recent property tax bill and proof of payment (cancelled check or stub from tax form indicating payment)
• Mortgage papers with parent/guardian’s name listed as homeowner
• Signed and dated lease and proof of last month’s payment (cancelled check or verification letter from landlord)
• Housing letter (military personnel)
• Letter of residence from landlord in lieu of lease (form available from school)
• Letter of residence to be used when the person seeking to enroll a student is living with a district resident that is not a parent/guardian (form available from school)
AND FROM THE LIST BELOW
Returning Families: Students/Families returning in the Fall to start the first day of school after completing the previous spring semester are to provide TWO of the following showing an address in district including the name of the person enrolling the student.
New Families: Families new to the district or returning after withdrawing from Paw Paw School District (i.e. moved and are returning, etc.) are to provide THREE of the following documents showing an address in district including the name of the person enrolling the student.
• Driver’s license
• Vehicle registration
• Voter registration
• Most recent cable, satellite, or credit card bill
• Current public aid card
• Current homeowner’s/renter’s insurance policy and verification premium has been paid
• Most recent gas, electric, and/or water bill
• Current library card
• Receipt for moving van rental
• Mail received at new residence
Legal custody is not required to enroll a student. A person seeking to enroll a student who is not the legal guardian of the child will need to supply legal documentation and/or complete district forms to determine that the student legally resides in the district and therefore not required to be charged tuition to attend Paw Paw School District #271. This process also will protect the safety of a minor when custody is of concern. The school district will require documentation to be completed if a person seeking to enroll a student is not the adoptive parent, legal guardian, or designated custodial parent of a child as the result of a divorce, separation, or action taken by a court of law or legal agency.
Once residency has been verified then enrollment into classes will begin.